Re: [Closed REQ 5445]

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Closed REQ 5445]
  • From: "Stuart Levy" <slevy>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 1995 07:49:11 -0500

> And I'd like to rotate first one around
> X axis passing through (0,0,0) by +60 deg, and second one around X' axis
> passing through (10, 0, 0) by +60 deg too.

Check out the documentation for the "transform" and/or "transform-incr"
commands.  It's easy, in GCL, to rotate an object about its own center,
saying
   (transform  objectname  objectname  objectname  1.0472 0 0)
[the 1.0472 is 60 degrees in radians]

Since "objectname" appears as the 3rd parameter, the object is rotated
about its own X axis.  If you wanted to rotate, say, about the world's
X axis (while still fixing the center of the object) you'd write
   (transform objectname objectname world  1.0472 0 0)

You could also rotate an object about an arbitrary center point.
The center can only be specified via an object name, but you could
simply place an invisible object at the desired spot, e.g.

   (geometry  fixedpoint  { })
   (transform-set fixedpoint world world  translate  10 0 0)
[or equivalently]
   (xform-set fixedpoint  1 0 0 0  0 1 0 0  0 0 1 0  10 0 0 1)

Then to rotate about that point,
   (transform objectname fixedpoint objectname  1.0472 0 0)

Hope this is what you need.