Re: [Update REQ 5467]: startup problems... TCP?

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Update REQ 5467]: startup problems... TCP?
  • From: "Daeron Meyer" <daeron>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 95 13:27:22 CDT

> From: Kai Mantsch <mantsch at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu>
> Subject: startup problems... TCP?
> To: software@geom
> Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 10:47:19 -0500 (CDT)
>

> After installation, etc I get the following error message-->
>
> --
> dgl error (TCP connect): Connection refused
> dgl error (default init): default dglopen(simxt1:0.0,4) returned -127
> --
>
> any clues?
>
> Kai

Hello Kai,

It's not clear what software you are referring to in your message. We
have many different software packages available. However, I'm assuming you
refer to Geomview. Am I correct? If so, it seems you are probably
trying to use the SGI version. There are two possible things that
might be causing your problem.

1.) You are trying to start up the SGI version with your $DISPLAY
environment variable set to point to an X11 display on a non-SGI
machine. This will probably not work because you need to have the
distributed GL extension running on your X11 server and it is mostly
only available on SGIs.

2.) You are trying to run Geomview under Irix 6.x. We've heard of
problems when people try to do this, and right now there is no real
work around. You'll have to wait for the OpenGL version to be
released.

Does this answer your question?

Daeron