Re: [Update REQ 5501]: displaying geometry

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Update REQ 5501]: displaying geometry
  • From: "Stuart Levy" <slevy>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 12:08:46 -0500

> It's pretty clear cut how to specify a geometry in gcl
> "(geometry geom-id geom-specs)."  I'm having trouble finding the command
> that will tell geomview to display geom-id.  I could always write it to
> a file and then load it, but I'd rather just do it directly.

I'm not sure what you mean.  The (geometry ...) command creates a
geom object which is listed in the geomview object-browser, and appears
on the display, i.e. you don't need to do anything more to make it visible.

Note that the (geometry ...) command can take either a reference to a file
or a literal piece of geometric data, as in

   (geometry  block  < square.quad)
or
   (geometry  block  { QUAD 1 0 0  1 1 0  0 1 0  0 0 0 })

Is that what you meant?

   Stuart Levy