Re: [Closed REQ 5539]: Geomview

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Closed REQ 5539]: Geomview
  • From: "Daeron Meyer" <daeron>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 95 13:02:44 CDT

> From: venkat at cs.umn.edu (Venkat G Ajjanagadde)
> Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 13:29:22 -0500
> To: software@geom
> Subject: Geomview
>
> A couple of days ago, I ftped the Geomview software. I am interested in
> understanding your source code to get an idea of the overall organization
> of the code and the major algorithms and data structures used. Trying to
> figure them out by going thru the source may take quite a bit of time
> it seems. By any chance, do you happen to have some technical design
> documents which I could get? That will be of great help in understanding the
> code.
>
> Thanks.
> --Venkat

Hello Venkat,

Unfortunately there is no unified technical overview of the source
code for geomview.  However there is quite a bit of built in
documentation as part of the source code and header files.  For
instance, the file $GEOMROOT/src/bin/geomview/common/drawer.h has a
great deal of information about the internal data structures used by
geomview to maintain the object hierarchy.  Also there are pieces of
documentation here and there throughout the source tree, for example
$GEOMROOT/src/lib/mg/mg.doc ... and so forth.  Other than these types
of documentation, you are pretty much on your own.

Hope this answers your question,
Daeron