Re: [Closed REQ 5540]: Geomview -- routines beginning with "gv_"

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Closed REQ 5540]: Geomview -- routines beginning with "gv_"
  • From: "Daeron Meyer" <daeron>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 95 13:10:00 CDT

> From: venkat at cs.umn.edu (Venkat G Ajjanagadde)
> Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 17:17:25 -0500
> To: software@geom
> Subject: Geomview -- routines beginning with "gv_"
>
> hello.
>
> I was going thru the source code for Geomview. In many places you seem to
> be using what appear to be library routines beginning with the name
> "gv_". I am wondering whether the source code for those routines is available.
> Thanks.
> --Venkat

Hello again,

these particular routines are generated at compile time from
equivalent lisp functions declarations within the source code.  For
instance, the definition of gv_redraw can be found in the following
code fragment located in $GEOMROOT/src/bin/geomview/common/drawer.c:

LDEFINE(redraw, LVOID,
"(redraw         CAM-ID)\n\
        States that the view in CAM-ID should be redrawn on the\n\
        next pass through the main loop or the next invocation of
\"draw\".")
{
  DView *dv;
  int index;
  int id;
  LDECLARE(("redraw", LBEGIN,
            LID, &id,
            LEND));

  MAYBE_LOOP_ALL(id, index, T_CAM, DView, dv) {
    dv->newcam = 1;
    dv->frozen = 0;
  }
  track_changes();
  return Lt;
}

LDEFINE is a macro that is used at compile time to generate the
gv_redraw function as well as a header file clang.h which contains
all of gv_* prototypes.

hope this helps,
Daeron