Re: [Update REQ 5547]:

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Update REQ 5547]:
  • From: "Mark Phillips" <mbp>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 10:43:19 -0500

Henri,
    The software that we developed for the Triangle Tilings exhibit
at the Science Museum of Minnesota is available in two forms via
ftp from ftp.geom.umn.edu:

  1. The software from the exhibit itself is in the file
     pub/software/tritile.tar.Z; this software runs on
     SGI workstations only --- that's the type of hardware
     that the museum here used.

  2. A Macintosh version of the same program is available
     in the directory pub/software/KaleidoTile; see the file
     README in that directory for information about which
     files to download --- it depends on what kind of Macintosh
     you have.  This program is exactly the same as what's in
     the museum, but provides all the same functions, and has
     the advantage that it runs on Macintoshes.

We distribute both of these programs free of charge and you're more
than welcome to use them.  We just ask that you keep in touch with us
to let us know what you're doing with them, so that we can report to
our funding agency (NSF) how our products are being used.

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me.

Mark Phillips
Geometry Center