[ REQ 5590]: Syntac error in www.pl when used with Geomview !

HI,

I'm a first time user of perl etc so pretty new to all this stuff.

On my system /usr/local/bin/perl4.036 is being used for the perl scripts for all the libwww stuff as is explained.

I have configured my system as per this URL so that i can use Geomview to see VRML etc type files.

http://www.geom.umn.edu/software/weboogl/setup.html

PROBLEM
=======
If I try to download one of the example .wri files

http://www.geom.umn.edu/software/weboogl/webworlds/webworlds.html

The perl scripts run and Geomview is called, but once Geomview is loaded then i get the following message displayed on my screen.

Syntax error in /usr/pprovart-local/utils/libwww-perl/www.pl Line 137 next 2 tokens "} }"
Syntax error in /usr/pprovart-local/utils/libwww-perl/www.pl Line 321 next Token "{"
Syntax error in /usr/pprovart-local/utils/libwww-perl/www.pl Line 400 at EOF
Can't load command language from /tmp/1617.8779812.weboogl.tmp

I KNOW THAT there are many things linking together here, but I have pointed all the perl scripts to use the 4.036 perl, and i only just got the libwww-perl.040 stuff today.

Any pointers to a thoroughly confused chap!

Cheers

Peter provart