[ REQ 6174]: geomview (to AVS?) to 3D stereo

Ddoes geomview support 3D stereo display using the SGI hardware, as
opposed to producing the two eye views as separate windows on the
graphics head?  The latter would be fine if we owned an "MCO" system
for our Onyx, but is otherwise not useful.  The sci vis package "AVS",
for example, can put our Onyx or Indigo II into "stereo mode", and the
resulting RGB output can be viewed via the CrystalEyes glasses+emitter
or the ZScreen+passive glasses+polarizing screen.

Alternatively, are you aware of any available means of getting
geometries, such as a geomview mesh, out of geomview and into the AVS
package?  Do you know of any AVS modules that read geomview data?

We are very interested in seeing the geomview-developed objects in
3D stereo using these machines & devices, but have not found a way
to do this from within geomview.

Any assistance or pointers to same you can provide would be very
much appreciated.  Thank you.

	David McNabb
	Advanced Visualization Lab
	University of Maryland at College Park