[ REQ 6220]: GeometryView

Dear Person,

I am running Windows95 and am interested in using GeometryView with Mathematica and Maple. I
downloaded the source code and looked at the manual. Unfortunately I am very unfamiliar with
programming. Does X version refer to Windows 3.X? Also I tried a search for Motif. I believe
it is a type of language;-- with which I have no knowledge.

Is there a way I can get GeometryView on my machine? I have access to the Internet and would
be willing to pay a reasonable amount for software, if this was necessary. It looks like a
very interesting program and I would very much like to see it.

On this note I would like to make a comment. I bought Windows95 because it was the most widely
used OS. I know the Center's resources are limited. But you could reach a much larger audience
if your programs were available in this format. What is the percentage of Windows users? 50%?
75%? 95%? It seems to me you are marginalizing your results, remaining obscure. Thank you for
your time and consideration. Any help you can provide me will be greatly appreciated. I think
the work of the Geometry Center is very important. I am sorry it is so undervalued in our
society. Again thank you and I wish you continued success in the future.

Dennis Smoot
2024 W.Pierce,Chicago,Il 60622-1946
773/276-1821
Graduate student, Mathematics