[ REQ 6230]: texure question

Greetings, I've been using Geomview now for about a year with great
success, thanks for a great product!

I've recently wanted to do texture mapping and I notice you have a
message on the WWW page that Geomview now does this. I have version 1.6.1
running on an SGI Indigo-2 Max Impact (Irix 6.2) and texturing doesn't
seem to be working for me. While the Max Impact doesn't have hardware
tetxure mapping it is quiote happy to do it in software as some of the
demo show.

So, am I doing something wrong specifying the texture (see code below)?
Does Geomview only do texture mapping with hardware?
Is there a way to "trick" Geomview into thinking there is hardware
texture mapping and then let the software stuff handle it?

The test program I used is as follows
{ appearance
   {
      -edge
      +texturing
      texture {
         clamp st
         apply modulate
         file test.tiff
      }
   }
   LIST {
      CQUAD
          0  0  0   0.5 0.5 0.5 1
         10  0  0   0.5 0.5 0.5 1
         10 10  0   0.5 0.5 0.5 1
          0 10  0   0.5 0.5 0.5 1
          0  0  0   0.5 0.5 0.5 1
         10  0  0   0.5 0.5 0.5 1
         10  0 10   0.5 0.5 0.5 1
          0  0 10   0.5 0.5 0.5 1
          0  0  0   0.5 0.5 0.5 1
          0 10  0   0.5 0.5 0.5 1
          0 10 10   0.5 0.5 0.5 1
          0  0 10   0.5 0.5 0.5 1
   }
}

Thanks for any advice.

Paul Bourke                                           pdb at mhri.edu.au
Brain Dynamics Research Unit                  http://www.mhri.edu.au/
Mental Health Research Institute                   Ph: 61 3 9389 2602
Locked Bag 11, Parkville                          Fax: 61 3 9387 5061
Victoria 3052, Australia