[ REQ 6636]: dumb queries

Dear GeomView Folk,

>From reading your home page and overview, I am very impressed indeed
with what GeomView can do.  Unfortunately I am either too slow or
too impatient to find the answers to my questions, so let me just go
ahead and ask.

1)  Can GeomView process data from a camera (digital or analog or movie or??).

2)  Can GeomView process data from a scanner such as a Cyberware scanner?
If not that scanner then perhaps some other scanner?

Let me just let it all hang out.  I am interested in medical applications,
specifically
to plastic surgery.  I want to input (for example) a nose (yes, that's not a
misprint).
Then I want to analyze the nasal surface as a geometric object---for
curvature,
saddle points, geodesics, flecnodes, asymptotic curves, and so forth.

Of course I am also interested in visualizing the nose in a variety of ways.

It strikes me that GeomView would be a great aid in this process, if only I
can figure out how to hand GeomView the data.

Thanks for any guidance.

Sincerely,
Steven G. Krantz