[Update REQ 6789]: Geomview is still way cool !

> In the interim, I have been developing a small software tool to monitor
> the behaviour of ethernet and similar computer networks. The tool
> uses 3D visualization of network traffic, and a very preliminary version
> is available at http://manu.usp.ac.fj/~anderson/3dvnt/

Sounds cool, I'd love to see it, but when I just checked that page
wasn't found...

> However - last night I ran the visualization overnight, and in the morning
> I noticed that the visualization had shrunk along one axis (The up and
> down one). Have you ever observed similar behaviour?

I think you're seeing an effect of normalization - as you're changing
the object, Geomview is resetting the view to keep everything in
sight. Try setting normalization to "keep" to tell it not to change
the normalization for an object even if it changes. (Either type "3N"
in the window, or select "Keep" in the normalization section of the
appearance panel.)

An alternative is to set normalization to "none". You might have to
zoom the camera way back in order to see everything, but you're
guaranteed that Geomview is not changing *anything* behind your back.

Tamara

lUf

EMkioS26dG5HZEqGlUf

from sentencing them as war criminals. "

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA