[ REQ 6900]: How to use Linux version on PC.

Geometry Center,

I have been using your Geomview software for some time on an old IRIS SGI
machine.  I have had great success with your software and would like to
continue using it.  My problem is that my workstation is failing.  I have
converted almost all of my work over to a high end PC running Windows 98.
At this point, Geomview is the only software I use on the SGI machine.  I
am reluctant to buy a new SGI workstation just to use Geomview.

My questions are the following:
-Is it possible to use Geomview on a PC platform which is running Linux?
-If so, is there any other software I would need (like Open GL or something)?
-Do you have a specific supplyer of Linux that you would recommend?
-What level of performance could I expect as compared to an entry level SGI
machine?

Thanks for you help.

Dave C.
David L. Churchill,  Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor
Department of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation
428 Stafford Hall
University of Vermont
Burlington, VT 05405-0084
churchil at salus.med.uvm.edu