[ REQ 6943]: Comments on your Software

Message from rmabry at softdisk.com  follows:

"Are there Macintosh or Windows versions?"

"No. The Geometry Center has limited resources and feels that it cannot devote the needed time to perform such ports. If you feel strongly about this, send mail to software@geom.umn.edu."

Okay, I'm responding. I can't argue with your reasoning --- either you have resources or you don't. But surely some university that is Windows-heavy has someone willing to do such a port, if you will provide support and encouragement. It would be very useful to do so for the many of us who are mired in the Bill Gated community of Windows slaves. Don't hate us because we're ignorant.

But maybe there is a compromise: X-Windows can run on Windows machines. Perhaps there is a way to run GeomView remotely from a generous Unix machine for viewing on Windows machines.

Rick Mabry