geomview 1.1 - linker error

> The build died while linking geomview. Apparently, the makefiles are
> set up so that libraries with objects from more than one directory
> (in particular: 3d, mg, and oogl) do not get updated with the
> objects from the secondary directories. (For example, lib3d.a
> contains hpoint3 but not point3).

We've seen this before.  It can apparently happen if the machine
running make and the file server have very different clock settings;
this can fool the make in the secondary directories into thinking that
the library is already up to date.

For the next release (next week??), we've redesigned our makefiles to
work around this problem.

--Mark