3D model creator

  • To: dhenderson at swri.edu
  • Subject: 3D model creator
  • From: munzner
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 93 19:07:52 CST

>I just downloaded Geomview and ran it.  I like the user interface.  I am
>looking for a 3D model creator, editor, and viewer.  I would like to build
>data files describing various aircraft at various resolutions.  Do you suggest
>a product for creating these files?  Does Geomview have an interactive 3D
>model creator feature?

Thanks for the UI feedback! Our current modelling and editing
capabilities are minimal. We're putting some effort into improving
this, but not a huge amount since other packages do a more complete
job than we have the resources to do. We mostly model mathematical
objects here, and use either custom programs or Mathematica. If we did
make an airplane here, we'd probably use the commercial package
SoftImage. (We have unreleased software to convert SoftImage objects
to OOGL format.)

Tamara Munzner          ((555) 555-5555
munzner at geom.umn.edu    The Geometry Center