geomview on ONYX w/ irix 5

We have been using geomview successfuly for some time
now on a variety of SGI machines, all running irix 4.0.5
However, we just received an ONYX VTX running irix 5.0.1
and we are getting a GL error:

GL: Incompatible shared gl, called unpatched import

We have some researchers trying to visualize huge fractals
and if we can get Geomview running on the ONYX VTX, I think
we can successfully get to a few more iterations and work
with it in real-time.
It sounds like a GL vs. Open GL problem.
If you have any insights or suggestions please contact me.

		Thank you very much both for geomview
		and any assistance you can lend us,

	Scott Singer
	Lab Assistant / Computer Artist