Re: info on GeomView

Re points with normals and colors -- what would a normal-vector mean for a
point?  If you're trying to display vector fields, you could create those using
VECT objects as well though a bit clumsily: as a collection of line segments,
for which you specify both end points.

Transparency is available in geomview, though it doesn't work very well;
to implement it properly we would need to draw everything in a consistent
order by depth, and have not yet done that.  When you enable transparency now,
the results depend on the order of polygons within objects and on the
direction of view, though it can sometimes give a useful effect.

A new release should be out very soon, with luck, though I think it won't
provide the features you're hoping for.