Re: Geomview

> One problem we saw is that Geomview can load by a panel or by a comand a
> predefined OOGL-file. We searching for possibilities to convert other
> vector oriented graphic formats to the OOGL definition !!!
> The reason is very simple. To simulate a problem from a new to design
> factory we can get informations about causal, time and stochastic behaviour
> of the system to create, we also can get a 2D-CAD-File (f.i. from AutoCad or
> Caddy). That's why it is necessary for us to convert such files to the OOGL
> format to use them as background in an animation scene.
> Have you an idea to solve such problems ?

Hello,

  Unfortunately, Geomview can only read in objects that are specified in the
OOGL format. There have been a small number of converters written, mostly to
turn an object of some other format into an OOGL object. Examples are a
Mathematica->OOGL converter and a UCD->OOGL converter. However, there is not
yet a converter for DXF->OOGL. This might change, when we get AutoCad at some
time in the future. It is relatively easy to write converters since the
OOGL format is human readable.

Sincerely,

Daeron
daeron at geom.umn.edu