libforms.a

Hello,

The objects in the forms library archive were shipped
COFF.  I supposed you know about the 5.0 linker and
how it refuses to link with COFF objects (produced up
to 4.0.5).  Is the new release of Geomview not meant
to compile under 5.0 for some reason (I didn't see any
mention of this in the announce I got in the mail) or
was this just oversight?  We moved to 5.1 across all
machines several months ago, to avoid things like
the COFF/ELF problem...

Anyway, I tried to see if I could just apply the
FORMS-2.0-PATCHES and make my own libforms.a.
But forms is up to 2.2 now and the source for
2.0 isn't available (at least not at the author's
site.)  2.2 actually has quite a few changes over
2.0, like for instance fonts seem to be redefined,
so it looks like more work than I thought.

Can you make an ELF version of libforms.a available?
If you've gone to the trouble to make a forms-2.0+
tar file, couldn't you include an intact 2.0
distribution with it as well?

(Sorry if that has been corrected since I last
ftp's geomview-src.tar.Z -- I see that this file
has since been repacked, but my ftp connections
tend to break in the middle and I haven't been
able to get it through so far.)

I'd really like to get into the new version.

mfg.