Re: geomview for alpha

> Tim Singler (SINGLER%BINGVMB.BITNET), who has been doing Evolver
> stuff on a PC, says
>
> > DEC is giving me about $40,000 in a research equipment grant to buy a
> > Dec 3000 Mod 800 workstation (200 Mhz, 128 M ram, graphics accelerator,etc.).
> > Hope the Geometry Center gets geomview going on the alpha platform soon.
> > They claimed they needed an alpha platform to do it. Mine will be on the
> > ethernet. Any way they could use it remotely to get geomview going?
>
> How about it?
>
> Ken Brakke

Hi Ken,

  I'd be interested in doing some porting work on the Alpha platform. If his
machine will be on the internet I'd been happy to get an account on it to do
some remote work on Geomview. I'm not sure if Dec has some graphics toolkit
that takes better advantage of the graphics acceleration than X11... seem to
remember hearing they had OpenGL on that platform. Hopefully Minnegraphics
(gl) may be ported to do OpenGL sometime in the near future...

-Daeron