Some questiond about Geomview

Hi,
    I'm writing my thesis at CERN (European Center for Nuclear Research).
    My thisis consists in the comparation of popular products for the
    analysis of HEP (High Energy Physics ) data.
    I'm working in a group that developed a HEP Data Modeling System,
    called ADAMO.
    I wrote interfaces for MicroSoft ACCESS and Mathematica, now I' writing
    a browser in Smalltalk for ParcPlace VisualWorks.
    This DB browser needs to have some graphical features, like
    plotting, histogramming, and some more complex interactions with the
    graphic, like rotation...

    Smalltalk for ParcPlace VisualWorks has the possibility to call C routines.
    This is quite a long job, so I was wondering if anybody as done it for
    Geomview (a graphic class library for Smalltalkfor interacting with
    Geomview).

    Any suggestion of products/documents I should get?

    Geomview (I'm planning to use the x11 beta version) in the final version
    will be a free software?

    Thanks for the attention,
                                Marco AIMAR
				 (aimarm at ptsun00.cern.ch)