[nde at dcre.leeds.ac.uk: Geomview problem]

  • To: software
  • Subject: [nde at dcre.leeds.ac.uk: Geomview problem]
  • From: mbp
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 94 08:21:48 -0500

To: mbp at geom
Subject: Geomview problem

Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange problem with Geomview. The software has been
installed using the supplied script, in a special user account that's
been set up for such things. When I'm logged into this account, Geomview
runs without problems. When I'm logged into my own account, Geomview
runs but no modules are available (the "Modules" box in the main window
is empty).

Any ideas? I've double-checked the permissions on the files and directories
of the Geomview distribution, and they seem OK (all files can be read by
all and, where appropriate, executed). I've tried explicitly setting
environment variable GEOMVIEW_EMODULE_PATH before invoking the program,
and adding the modules directory to $path, but neither cures the problem.

I have a Silicon Graphics Indy running Irix 5.2.

Nick

Nick Efford, School of Computer Studies | email: nde at dcre.leeds.ac.uk
(Centre of Medical Imaging Research)    | voice: +44-532-336809 (direct line)
University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK  | opinions are my own, etc...