Problems compiling geomview on HP9000/700 architecture

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Problems compiling geomview on HP9000/700 architecture
  • From: Arne Frick <frick at ira.uka.de>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 1994 08:41:53 +0200
  • Comments: Hyperbole mail buttons accepted, v3.13.

Hi,

In continuation of yesterday's mail I found the following:

1.  In $(GEOM)/src/lib/oogl/lisp/O.x11 the dependency file Mkdep is
generated incorrectly.  That's why I had a 'missing separator'
complaint.

2. In $(GEOM)/src/lib/oogl/wa there is missing the O.x11 subdirectory
causing no targets to be built for my architecture.

3. in $(GEOM)/src/bin/util/togeomview.c I find a line

	190:    setlinebuf(stderr);

   which cannot be resolved by the linker.  The function setlinebuf is
   non-standard and should be replaced with a call to setbuf(3) or
   setvbuf(3).

4. The binary of gvx behaves differently from the sun4 version.  The
   hp version only knows 8 different colors:  In Constant and CSmooth
   modes a green object is displayed bright green (and only that),
   while in Flat and Smooth modes it is displayed as white.  I cannot
   really see a difference when changing the material appeareance or
   light intensity.  This has been slightly better in the sun4
   version, although still not what I would expect.  Any comments?

--
Arne Frick                 | phone: 0721/608-4763    | Ein Problem
Universitaet Karlsruhe     | fax:   0721/691462      | ist eine Differenz