4MESH data types

I understand 4MESH.  It is not clear to me if the 4uMESH and 4uvMESH
is supposed to work, but since geomview does not spit it out and, in
fact, gives ALMOST the expected object in the camera leads me to
suspect that something is not working correctly.

(Maybe the fact that they work at all is a bug,that this was not
intended to be supported--if so, let me know andyou need read no
further)

I am trying to use alter some tubes made by linktube, so these
naturally come as uvMESH's.

I can close up the mesh "by hand" with an awk script and am in the
process of doing this, so I think this is not a problem that I need
solved--just a (possible) bug report.

************************

the example (called) 4dtube.off:

4uvMESH
8 4
0.05 0.05 -0.070711  0.0
0.070711 0.070711 0 0.0
0.05 0.05 0.070711 0.0
0 0 0.1 0.0

-0.05 -0.05 0.070711 0.0
-0.070711 -0.070711 3.72529e-09 0.0
-0.05 -0.05 -0.070711 0.0
-1.11758e-08 -1.11758e-08 -0.1 0.0

0.95 0.05 -0.070711 0.0
0.929289 0.070711 0 0.0
0.95 0.05 0.070711 0.0
1 0 0.1 0.0
1.05 -0.05 0.070711 0.0
1.070711 -0.070711 3.72529e-09 0.0
1.05 -0.05 -0.070711 0.0
1 -1.11758e-08 -0.1 0.0

0.95 0.95 -0.070711 0.0
0.929289 0.929289 -7.45058e-09 0.0
0.95 0.95 0.070711 0.0
1 1 0.1 0.0
1.05 1.05 0.070711 0.0
1.070711 1.070711 1.11758e-08 0.0
1.05 1.05 -0.070711 0.0
1 1 -0.1 0.0

0.05 0.95 -0.070711 0.0
0.070711 0.929289 -7.45058e-09 0.0
0.05 0.95 0.070711 0.0
3.72529e-09 1 0.1 0.0
-0.05 1.05 0.070711 0.0
-0.070711 1.070711 1.11758e-08 0.0
-0.05 1.05 -0.070711 0.0
-1.49011e-08 1 -0.1 0.0

I am viewing in xyz camera with coloring as below

  (camera "xyz" camera {
camtoworld transform {
             1             0             0             0
             0             1             0             0
             0             0             1             0
             0             0             3             1

}
	perspective 1  stereo 0
	fov 39.999996
	frameaspect 0.958438
	focus 3
	near .007
	far 100
}
) # camera "xyz" ...

   (ND-axes xyz cluster1 0 1 2)
   (ND-color xyz	# Color this way in window "xyz"
        (
          (
            # Projection axis (in camera space)
            # Points are colored by their inner product with this
vector.
            ( 0 0 0 1 )

            # Then, a series of <projection value> <RGBA color>
items.
           -1.0       .1  .1  1  1
            -.833     0 .5   1  1
           -.66       0  1   1  1
             -.5      0  .9  .5  1
               -.33     .812 .387  .2  1
               -.167   .96   .616  .1 1
               0        .1  1   .1  1
             .167         .5  1   0  1
             .33      1  1   0  1
               .5     1 .5   0  1
             .66      1  .1   .1  1
              .833    1  0  .4  1
             1.0      .9  .2  .9  1
          1e10          .3 .3 .3  1     # Need sentinel to work
around code bug!
          )
        )
)

Since all the w-coordinates are 0.0, I would expect to get
monochromatic geom.  But I see other colors.

Unfortunately the color being correct is exactly the thing I want at
the moment.

this next variation has similar problem :

4uMESH
8 5