GeomView

  • To: carabalo at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
  • Subject: GeomView
  • From: mbp
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 94 13:29:57 -0500

David,
    Sorry for the delay in responding to your message; I've been on
vacation for a couple of weeks.
    Geomview runs only under Unix.  I'm not sure about Pentium
machines, but for 486's there are two versions of Unix that Geomview
will work with: NeXTStep and Linux.  We use NeXTStep here quite a bit;
it makes the machine look and feel just like a NeXT.

With Linux you also need X windows, and the version of Geomview that
uses X is not complete at the moment (a beta version is available).
Nevertheless, we've heard from several users who have successfully
used Geomview on 486's running Linux and X.  We hope to release a more
robust version of Geomview for X windows this fall.

Unfortunately, Geomview won't work with MSDOS at all, and it's not
likely that we will be able to port it to MSDOS any time in the
forseeable future.

--Mark