To: burchard at geom
Subject: W3Kit and Cyberview
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 11:04:49 -0400
From: Jeremy Todd Dilatush <dilatush at sccs.swarthmore.edu>

burchard at geom.umn.edu writes:
>Yes, for this reason, the W3Kit toolkit has a 3D graphics widget

>based on Geomview's OOGL libraries.  The Cyberview application code

>that comes with W3Kit shows an example of its use.  The main

We've been trying to use W3Kit for some simple stuff (text input and
output) and it worked fine.  However when I tried to compile Cyberview
it spat out an error:
        /usr/bin/ld:
        Unresolved:
        SphereCenter
        SphereRadius
And gave up.  (The two functions are in libsphere.a, one of the OOGL
libraries, and within that they are from spheremisc.o).  By including
that object file explicitly we were able to get the program to
compile and link, but a "make install" gave an error
        GeomCreate: unknown object class sphere
        *** Error code 139 (bu21)
apparently while running the sample app (I called it minnelevel-app)
to generate the stuff.

The two functions appear to only be used once, in W3MinneGraphics.m.
We've been using the X11-beta source compiled on our Indigo2.  We have
had trouble compiling that, too. (It compiles the libraries, but we
aren't sure they are correct, since some of the binaries DON'T
compile (examples))