Re: Porting to IBM RS/6000

> Date: Sat, 23 Jul 94 18:51:08 -0500
> From: slevy at geom.umn.edu
> Subject: Re:  Porting to IBM RS/6000

> You can find this up for anonymous FTP from geom.umn.edu under
> pub/software/geomview.  Also there should be a 1.4.3 source release there
> in the next day or so.

OK, I will try this.

> The O.* setup was built to allow compiling for multiple machines in the
> same source tree.

OK. Uusually, when compiling for different machines, one sets up backing
(shadow, parallel) directory trees, instead of putting O.* in each
subdirectory.  This makes it very easy to add new machine types (you
simply cp -r the entire directory tree).

> Are you sure alloca() isn't supported under AIX?  I believe it's simply

I guess I've clearly proved my ignorance of alloca. I guess I've
never felt a need to use it.

>   Stuart Levy

--linas