[ REQ 5014]: geomview spherical mode bug

  • To: software-admin at geom
  • Subject: [ REQ 5014]: geomview spherical mode bug
  • From: "John Sullivan" <sullivan>

Mark,

Rebecca ran into the bug we left in geomview when we installed the
spherical and euclidean conformal modes.  Namely, a newly created
camera always thinks it the space is euclidean.  Thus if your world
is spherical and you create a new camera, its window title bar will
say spherical, but it will be acting as a euclidean camera (virtual
or conformal, depending on what you tell it to do).  Of course this
is also inconvenient, because if you then tell the world again that
it is spherical, all other cameras flip to virtual view, even if
you wanted them to be conformal.

Also, the description of "hsphere-draw" in the manual should mention
that it also affects the sphere drawn in conformal and projective
models of euclidean and spherical space.

-John