Re: [Update REQ 5554]: geomview

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Update REQ 5554]: geomview
  • From: "Stuart Levy" <slevy>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Sep 1995 19:34:47 -0500

Note, re the absence of the X11R5 libraries, that this is probably just
an optional file-set which wasn't loaded onto your HP when it was set up.
I'm pretty sure it's not something you have to pay separately for.  So
if your system administrator is at hand, try asking to have X11R5 installed --
it's probably just an optional item on the distribution media somehow.

On our machine it shows up as a package named (in the /etc/filesets directory)
"X11R5-SHLIBS".  That file itself seems to give a list of the files
involved; it reads:

/system/X11R5-SHLIBS/CDFinfo
/system/X11R5-SHLIBS/copyright
/system/X11R5-SHLIBS/customize
/system/X11R5-SHLIBS/kernrel
/system/X11R5-SHLIBS/pdf
/usr/lib/X11R5/libX11.sl
/usr/lib/X11R5/libXhp11.sl
/usr/lib/X11R5/libXt.sl
/usr/lib/X11R5/libXext.sl
/usr/lib/X11/XKeysymDB
/usr/lib/Motif1.2/libXm.sl
/system/X11R5-SHLIBS/index

These files seem total about 4 megabytes.  (Another package, X11R5-PRG,
is much larger and isn't needed for geomview.)