Re: OOGL conversion

> converters ...

We don't.  I think a DXF converter wouldn't be hard to write, but I'm not sure
we have any way to test the output (anyone know of any DXF viewers we can run?).

> 4OFF

How about:

LIST
{  4OFF
   3 1 1
   verts
   3 0 1 2
}
{  4OFF
   3 1 1
   etc.
}

I.e. you need a 4OFF keyword for each member of the list.

> spheres

If you just need blobs, how about VECT points with large line width?  E.g.

{
  appearance { linewidth 4 }
  VECT
  3 3 0		# 3 polylines, 3 vertices, no colors
  1 1 1		# one vertex for each polyline
  0 0 0		# no colors

  0 0 .5
  1 1.5 0
  -1 0 0
}

yields two roundish blobs, each 4 pixels across.  It's reasonably fast,
much faster than full-fledged polygonal spheres.  Disadvantages are that
the blobs retain constant screen size (don't shrink with the rest of the
object) and that they're not shaded, just some flat color -- either the
color given in the VECT file, or the current edge-color.