Re: [Closed REQ 5204]: Acknowledgement

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Closed REQ 5204]: Acknowledgement
  • From: "Mark Phillips" <mbp>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 95 09:23:29 -0600

> I have been a Geomview user for that past 1 year. It has been really
> helpful to me. We are submitting a paper for publication, and I
> would like to acknowledge the help of Geomview. Kindly let me know
> under what name/address should I make the acknowledgement.

There was an article about Geomview in the Notices of the AMS in
October of 1993, and I usually suggest that people use that when
citing Geomview in other papers.  Below is a bibtex entry for
the article.  I also suggest including the sentence "Geomview
is available by anonymous ftp on the Internet from geom.umn.edu".

    @article{PhillipsM.LevyS.MunznerT:GAIGV,
     author = "Mark Phillips and Silvio Levy and Tamara Munzner",
     title = "Geomview: An Interactive Geometry Viewer",
     journal = "Notices of the American Mathematical Society",
     note = "Computers and Mathematics Column",
     pages = "985--988",
     month = "October",
     year = "1993",
     notes = "Geomview is available by anonymous ftp on the Internet
    from geom.umn.edu"
    }

Mark Phillips
Geometry Center